Saturday, January 22, 2005

new sock on a new bed

I have a finished sock and a new bed. New mattress, new box springs, new bed frame, new headboard, new pillow, new sheets, new bedskirt, new mattress pad, it's all NEW. Rumor has it that a new duvet will magically appear before the end of the day as well. There are no words to express how much I love this new bed. Consider that I had been sleeping on the same Sears mattress for 27 years. Right. The old wood headboard was over 50 years old and it was peppered with screwdriver scars courtesy of my younger brother. He must have been angry about something.

I love the new mattress so much I can't bear to cover it with sheets quite yet. So here's the new sock on the new bed:



Now I remember why I didn't like knitting those toe-up knee socks a few years ago. I simply don't like working wrap stitch short row heels, it's not fun. I can get 2 pairs of socks from the 3 balls of matching sock yarn so I'll make the 2nd pair cuff-down.

No comments: