Monday, May 01, 2006

Baby Booties

I should've used size 0 needles instead of size 1 because the foot looks too long for a newborn. But babies are known for growing like weeds, they'll fit eventually.


yarn: Fortissima Colori Socka Color #2419 (kolibri)

This was a cheap project, I used leftover sock yarn and a free pattern. The pattern is online here at Woolworks, but I changed it to knit in the round, used a different and better looking sole, and corrected an error. Where it says "On Sections 3, 4, 6, & 7, decrease 1 st at the beginning and end of each row" change it to "... beginning and end of each purl row."

Right now I'm working on something else for the baby, a hooded sweater that zips down the back. I just finished the hood:



yarn: Plymouth Encore DK


We won't know for another week or so if the baby is a boy or girl or alien. My brother said any color I use is fine with him and his wife, which is exactly what I expected him to say.

2 comments:

kristi said...

Those baby booties are gorgeous! Nice work!

Jeri said...

I wanted to say thanks SOOO much for documenting stretchy cast-offs (back in 2003). It jumped right up to me when I googled, and ez's sewn cast-off was just the ticket for the tops of my socks. I've had "issues" with too tight cast-offs for some time even when I go up 2 or 3 needles sizes.