Friday, October 22, 2004

Leaf Lace Shawl: the beginning

A few nights ago (10/19) I started the Leaf Lace Shawl from Fiber Trends and it's turning out better than I imagined. Love the leaves! It will most likely end up being a Christmas present for my grandma. I'd like to make another with laceweight yarn for my mom. For this version I'm using burgundy DK weight yarn purchased at a thrift store for a few bucks, so the pattern cost more than the yarn.

The pattern is written for any weight yarn and the charts are a cinch to read. The instructions are also written out long hand but I have no idea why anyone would follow the pattern that way when the charts make things so easy. A magnetic board helps me keep track of the row I'm working.

1 comment:

Matthew Dickson said...

Awesome blog yyou have here