Tuesday, December 28, 2004

Well that was fun

Christmas in Oregon was fun, the best part was seeing my second cousin Lily (that's my cousin's daughter) -- she's the smartest and cutest and funniest 14 month old child in the history of the world. I like the sweater she's wearing here, even though it's not handknit:



I also saw her younger brother Gordon but he was only 4 days old, he didn't have much of a chance to show off his charm or brain power.

I haven't done a whole lot of knitting in the last week so there's not much to report. I did receive some great knitting related gifts for Christmas:

1) Regia self-striping sock yarn, 3 skeins! Enough here for kneesocks:




2) Brown Sheep Naturespun sport weight, 8 skeins! I'm thinking hats and gloves.



Ravel (Dad's cat) prefers the color "Bit of Blue"




3) Santa left a funny bumpersticker in my stocking:



I also received 2 pencils that have "In case of emergency use as knitting needle" printed on them.

4) Zonta blocking wires in their handy PVC pipe storage tube:




So yeah, I feel very spoiled right now.

Mom loved her shawl so much it made her cry. *sniffle*

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Awww, cute!

--Scott

Anonymous said...

I love your blog but as a former estate planner I have to jump in and tell you that your first cousin's daughter is not your second cousin. Your children and she will be second cousins. Lily is your first cousin once removed. We knitters like to keep the details right. MT