Saturday, October 30, 2004

Leaf Lace photos





Here's the shawl pinned out and drying on my guest bed. I measured the length and width and the measurements match those of the large size given in the instructions -- so at least it isn't big in a totally unrealistic and silly way. Good thing I stopped at 10 repeats instead of doing all 12 as specified for the large size. :) I was aiming for something smaller but eh, I'll see how it fits when it's totally dry and ask for my mom's opinion at Thanksgiving too.

Anyhoo, this is a very easy shawl pattern. The cast on is the hardest part, it's a little tricky but anyone can do it. It all starts at the neck with just 2 sts: CO 2 sts using a provisional (temporary) cast on and then knit 7 rows on those 2 sts, pick up 3 stitches along the side of the 7 rows you just knit, then move the 2 CO sts to your left needle and knit those, for a total of 7 sts. This sets you up for the 1st row in Chart #1 and the rest is a breeze!

No comments: